Re: [RC] Hyaluronic Acid - MarisR

the human injection for knees is made by 2 companies.  The one that is a 3-dose course is "Synvisc".  The other is  a 4-dose course, and I don't use it in my practice, because the increase in doses is a cost increase, and it is already quite expensive.  The wholesale cost of buying the 3-dose vial is about $650.00 in central Florida.  Most insurance companies cover at least part of it if you have proper documentation of arthritis.  It is so far only FDA approved for knee arthritis.  I kneep thinking that Legend is the same drug and is only $75 per dose, but I'm not brave enough to even suggest that we humans do that. (and we horse owners complain about the cost of Legend!)

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --WOW-- what
a ride !! "

Maris Ramsay