[RC] what to do with horses after owner dies - Kathy Kelly

An elderly neighbor's wife died last week, she had 2 older horses, a qrtr horse and an arab, that she cared for.  He is unable to care for them, but he doesn't want to euthanize them becuase he knows his wife wouldn't have wanted that.

One horse is an older arab.  The qrtr horse has foundered at some point.  I haven't seen either of them, but am trying to help out a friend who has promised to help place the horses with a rescue or?

We're in N AZ, I know there are rescues in PHX, but I doubt these 2 could take the heat at their age.  From what I've heard it would be best to put the qrtr horse down, but the arab would probably do OK with some care.

Sigh, I sure wish that people would have plans on what to do with their pets when they die.

Kathy Kelly
Parks AZ

Kathy Kelly
EarthLink Revolves Around You.