Re: [RC] Enjoy the fall season. Ride!! - Dyane Smith

Wicked bad luck, Doris.  My best wishes to you.  At least you survived and Taj Mahal has more seasons to look forward to.

Dyane

----- Original Message -----
From: Tim Doud
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2005 1:00 PM
Subject: [RC] Enjoy the fall season. Ride!!

To all my endurance friends,
10 days ago I sustained terrible chest trauma while getting a yearling in from the pasture.
 I grew up with horses and work with horses and mules for a living. Getting an equine out of a pasture is something I do several times daily. On that particular day, it was cool and windy. The other yearlings were running ahead of us and were sometimes circling us. I remember a particularly rambunctious one kicking out several times. The next thing I remember is this incredible pain in my chest and the lights of the emergency room.
It appears that I got kicked in the chest. I sustained  several broken ribs, a punctured lung and a tear in my liver.
It is sooo hard to be confined to the recliner most of the day. My beloved mule Taj Mahal and his Girl friend Kardra are turned out now. I worked sooo hard all season to keep them sound and happy.
Well, God willing we will be there next year.
Meanwhile, Happy Riding to all of you.Sincerely,  Doris Roesch  Taj Mahal and Kardra.