[RC] OT - Cause of "wry" tail? - Lani M Olson

Sorry for this OT subject, but hoping someone with some knowledge can identify cause and cure. Two months ago my 11-year-old mare rubbed off half her tail overnight. Saw no sign of worms but hadn't wormed her for over 2 months so gave her ivermectin and rubbed MTG into the tailhead. A week later she went to be bred (didn't take either). Ever since she has held her tail unusually high and more often than not off to the side. She's a Morab with a nice tail set but not extreme. I have bathed her, kept her udder clean, the vet checked when she was ultrasounded for pregnancy and found nothing wrong. I've used anti-itch gels. I did note about a week ago the skin on the underside of the dock was flaking off, but had fresh, smooth skin underneath. Lately she's been rubbing on the fence to either side of the tailhead. Any ideas? Aside from the fact that she doesn't look right to me with this high, offset tail after 11 years, there's obviously something still wrong. Any help would be appreciated.
Lani