[RC] East Bay ride - TypeF \(Jackie Floyd\)

Just a quick note to tell you I had a blast on James Dean doing the 25 at East Bay Elevator this past Saturday. I'm not going to write a story ... just not enough hours in the day right now, but wanted to thank Nick Warhol and his wonderful volunteers for putting on another good ride this year.

The weather was fabulous, the trail as beautiful as usual and the day couldn't have been better, except maybe for the bee stings. Or wasps or whatever they were. James got stung and so did I, going up a steep incline. But we weren't the first or the last. I understand one lady got stung 31 times and wsa rushed to the hospital. I can't even imagine.

James was on his game and behaved well, seemed to be having fun and motored down the trail like a seasoned pro. It seemed at times like we were going pretty fast but we still managed a 4.5 hr. ride time. James' brain only turned off for a brief 2-mile period about 3/4 of the way through the ride, where he started his impatient head-twirling, boinging trot. Fortunately, it didn't last long. It's the first ride I've actually felt that we were a team. I didn't take any pictures because I was having so much fun motoring along with James so much.

I'll be at the Quicksilver Fall Classic on Friday only, selling Endurance Guides and Fastrack and hanging out at the sign-in table, but will be leaving in the evening.

Next ride, I think will be Lake Sonoma. I think I'll leave Tank on vacation for awhile, while he takes his Gastroguard and take James to that one. He did it last year so we should have yet another good time.

:) Jackie Floyd