[RC] What Weight of Electrolytes? - Les Spark

I have seen a recomendation by Ridgeway and Merlin that for a 100 mile ride traveling at about 11mph the horse will require about 2lbs (1kg) of electrolytes. I've also done the maths myself based on reported sweat volumes and electrolyte concentrations in sweat - sure enough it seems right. But it sounds like a large amount to me.

Is there anybody who actually knowly adminsiters this amount? What amounts are folks giving there horses?

I'd love to know.

Les

Check out the new FnE web site
www.fnesaddles.com