Re: [RC] Weight - Karla Watson

Yes I ride slower too. Most heavyweights pick our mounts carefully, mine is no exception and I ride more carefully. That is not to say the lighter riders don't, its just most heavyweights know that they shouldn't push that envelope too far, if you know what I mean. It does help a great deal when you get a horse suited for a heavyweight rider. I shopped for bone (lots of it), conformation and a really nice strong back. So far that horse is working out nicely. ------Karla Watson/Oregon
Because the rider/tack weight is figured into the BC formula. However, I've never found it much of an advantage. I ride slower than the front runners, so the few times I've made it to the top 10, the weight given to time in raised their BC scores higher than my score for the weight my horse carried.
chris