[RC] May I whine??? - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Barbara jgmiddleton@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Maybe my situation will make you feel better.  I've got a beautiful 5 year old
Arab in my back yard that I have been conditioning and training for two years
that I was going to start in LD this year until I found out that I needed a
complete shoulder reconstruction.  I tore my rotary cuff last year from a fall
from my Arab, was afraid that he would run away and I was riding by myself so I
held on to the reins and he dragged me about a foot.  Didn't know it was torn
so I just kept working, housekeeper for an estate home that is 13000 sq ft.
Husband almost ripped off two fingers this winter in a snow blower so I got
stuck shoveling a lot of snow and manure which made the torn shoulder worse.
Dr. said it was a huge tear and I didn't realize it.  Started getting too hard
to put saddle on and lift my arm in the air.  So had to quit my job and have it
fixed and I won't be able to ride for months.

If that isn't bad enough, my husband had an emergency Aortic anurism operation
3 years ago which saved his life but we knew he would have to have it fixed
again.  Well, again has arrived.
His whole Aorta has to be replaced real soon and there are only a few doctors
who will do it.  One is in Houston and we live in Colorado Springs.  20% chance
of paralysis of his legs and 10% chance of death or several other complications.

So, what I am trying to say is, just when you think you have it bad someone
else has it worse.  I am going into this with the thought that instead of 20%
chance of paralysis, 80% of it not being paralysis and 90% chance of living a
great and healthy life after the operation.

Hope I haven't depressed too many of you, it wasn't my intention.  I am still
upbeat and hoping for the best.  Thanks for letting me vent.  My husband and I
hope to meet some of you at the rides next year.   Barbara and John