To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 8:31 AM
Subject: [RC] crack/line hoof

Please Reply to: Diane Day fourdays@xxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have been dealing with a vertical crack such as you describe, for a year now. If you find an answer for your horse, please post! My farrier shoed my 4 yr old QH to relieve pressure, and hammered a wedge above the crack to stop it. Someone on RC advised to not shoe her and to do a mustang roll, but he said the wall of her hoof is too thin to roll it. She gets Biotin and I've been putting hoof seals on - all kinds of products, but nothing has helped so far. I am wondering if this is a defect in the hoof itself as it almost looks to me as if the crack is going to continue above that wedge. Farriers/vets - is this possible- that this will always be there?
DianeD