[RC] Back and Neck Pain - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Lauretta tikitiki69@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have just started seeing a chiropractor for pain to my upper
back and neck (I have been getting migraine-type headaches). I
had xrays, and evidently the main problem is stemming from my
neck (the neck bones are in a straight line and not moving, and
don't have the curve that a normal neck shows).  The upper spine is also
curving a little to the side.  Over the last
few months, when I ride long distance I have been getting
really bad headaches afterwards.  The chiro is
treating this using something called biocranial manipulation.
Evidently, the skull is not a completely solid piece of bone, and
is made up of several sections that 'breathe', so to speak, and
move microscopically.  Mine are locked in place like my neck.
The chiropractor is moving my head and neck for about 90 seconds
on each side, to get these sections unfrozen.  The way he is
explaining it, it is like a big stack of chairs.  If they get out
of balance and start tilting, you cant get them back adjusted
into place by moving the ones on the bottom.  This just makes the pile fall
over.  However, by readjusting the top ones, the ones below that are out of
alignment can be moved back in place and straightened out correctly.  This is
the theory with correcting my problems.  It does seem to be working, as the
headaches are minimal now, I have movement in my neck that I have
not had for a LONG time, and it seems to be helping my back now.
Has anyone else used this treatment, and have you had any long
term success with it? Or any problems?  I just started this
therapy a week ago, and wonder if it is the solution to my
problems, or if it will work for a short time, and  my problems
will reoccur.  Or are there any chiropractors out there that use
this technique and can confirm that it is a successful therapy?
I am pretty sure that the injuries were caused by a crash from
falling of my horse; no sign of any bone breakage or
deterioration (YET); and I have a sort of whiplash issue that I
didn't realize at the time.

Thanks, Lauretta and Shaba (who just had HIS chiro visit last
week and feels good now)