Re: [RC] Linda's back pain - Linda Nichols

Title: Re: [RC]   Linda's back pain
Yes, it’s sacroiliac pain. It is a burny itchy feeling surrounding the tail bone. Movements and postures don’t affect it, it feels like inflammation. My ankylosing spondylitis may be in remission. I have not lost any flexibility in the years that I have had it. I have had it at least 20 years. However, at the time I was diagnosed, my rheumatologist took X-rays and said he could tell I had it because of the inflammation in the (I think) sacroiliac joint. I can still touch my toes without bending my knees. My rheumatologist has kept checking that. Since this inflammation has flared up recently, I haven’t brought it to his attention yet. But it scares me because of the history I had with it. At the time that meds were causing pain in my back, I know that my stomach was bleeding. That is the main reason I stopped taking the meds and I was surprised to find that I didn’t need them anymore. I taught my horse to gait but his gaiting isn’t fast enough to complete a ride in time so I have figured out how to post his BIG trot. I wonder if the trotting is what is causing the flare up?