[RC] Saddle Weight - SandyDSA

Need some input here - what do you all think would be a fair weight of a saddle, western, for say a 900 pound fairly fit Arabian?  I am looking at them from 25-38#. 38 seems far too heavy. I need to ride with a horn in some of the rougher areas since this stiff ankle makes mounting and dismounting tougher without a horn. Before I go buy a saddle, I wanted some input from you all - not for distance of course, but for good solid 2-3 hour walk trots on a green horse. What do you say - and who has one that they recommend? Thanks.
Sandy