Re: [RC] fee hike - Merryben

In a message dated 9/16/2005 3:11:12 P.M. Central Standard Time, KYielding@xxxxxxx writes:
That's not really the point.  The point is how it was done.
The point is that the BOD is elected and their job is to run the corporation which is AERC and they try to do the best they can.  They are second guessed at every turn.   Having been on the board for a number of years, I know this to be true.  Almost every time the BOD makes a decision, there is a general hue and cry that the BOD is somehow doing wrong and sneaking behind the backs of the general membership.  In the years I spent on the board, I never once saw a non director member at the mid year meeting who was not there to make a report or was maybe the spouse of a director.  Actually, I think there was one person at the Phoenix meeting the first day.  We held our meetings in plenty of places where there were members nearby but we never saw a one........Anyone who thinks they can do better is welcome to try but no one wants to run for the board.........mb

And this does not mean that I agree or disagree with what the board does at any given time, I just respect their right to do it.