[RC] Re:Cuneo Creek camping/Trails Clinic - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Natalie aylisha@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jeannie...I didn't see your email in Jen(from McK)'s reply to you, but if you
are going to go camping in late October at Cuneo, check with the park first. If
I remember correctly, the closing date for the camp is Oct 17, so you would not
be able to get in around the 27/29...I am a member of their Mounted Assistance
Unit, so if you want some info or contacts re:the trails clinic, I can give em
to you. Our fall campout there is next weekend and we will have a general
meeting and such, so if you send me dates or info, I can relay it to our Ranger
and the members who will come (some are also BCH members and might be
interested in the clinic as well)...Though I do have to say, this area is the
only one I have lived in so far, where trail conflict is not very bad...all of
us seem to get along pretty well, even the ORV ppl and everyone is curteous to
everyone else and we all enjoy our trails...the BIG problem here are the
environmentalists (and I am NOT putting down anyone who is one, just the ones
who go to the extreme end...:) ) who want to close off EVRYTHING to riders...we
have lost many a beach and trail already, when it can be shown that horses are
NOT the cause of species decline, etc.....sigh...(if the STUPID snowy plover
builds its nest where waves and hawks and such can get it, why are WE to
blame?? and putting a cage around the nest is like telling the predators that
"dinner is served"...I see them sitting on top of the cages WAITING for the
birds to come out all the time...:P)
   Natalie