[RC] help a newbie with overnight camping - Marta Kozlowska

i just realized that one of the rides i wanted to do this fall requires overnight camping. it may be that i'll decide to skip that ride for that reason alone. we don't have experience with overnight camping and while my mare is cool and calm most of the time, i'm not sure if i want to experiment for the first time at an actual ride. so i'm thinking that i should probably try and find time this fall to practice overnight camping with her. i don't have much of a budget but i have some human camping equipment around. so can you refer me to a source that explains how to's of camping with horses or can some of you explain what would be an affordable means of doing it. btw, our trailer is a horse/stock trailer with no divider, so she can use it as a box stall (if that's a better option than tying her outside or setting up some kind of a corral). with respect to my own self, i have a tent and some sleeping bags and lamp and even a small stove.
thanks in advance for all your input!

--
god created women so his horses would survive