Re: [RC] cost of rides - Sisu West Ranch

Some of the problems I suspect we have in regards to sponsorships relates to the nature of our sport.

Most human races are held in or very near urban areas, draw spectators, and are reported by the press.  This gives the sponsors a lot of coverage for their buck.  A TV shot of a banner at a marathon is worth money to the sponsor.  Our rides are held in remote areas, have virtually no spectators, and rarely have press coverage.

In other sports, participants eat at local resturants, and stay in the local hotel.  In our sport we stay in our trailer and eat at the ride site.

I am not saying the precludes sponsorship, it just may make things a bit harder.

Ed

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875