[RC] cost of rides - Jonni

Sponsorships are nothing new to rides. What many ride managers have found though, is that when they go after sponsorships from companies that would benefit from the advertising they receive at the ride, that these businesses are approached quite often by other horse events, and just can not sponsor another one. We always would go to the local tack, feed, and other horse related businesses. And, indeed, some would often donate items, but rarely would we get cash sponsorships. And, maybe this is the wrong approach, I don't know. Maybe rides need to look at non-horse related companies for monetary sponsorships.  I know we went after Cliff bar once at our ride, and they sent us boxes of Cliff bars.... nice for the riders, but does nothing to off set the costs, if that is what you are trying to do. So if someone has ideas as to how to get larger sponsorships, I'm sure some managers would be open to suggestions.

Jonni