Re: [RC] PATRIOT RIDE - Mary Ann Spencer

Sounds great but would be nice to at least know what state y'all are talking about...lol
----- Original Message -----
From: Pam Bailie
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 1:02 PM
Subject: RE: [RC] PATRIOT RIDE

Hi - My husband and I and two other couples went to the Patriot Ride - It
was one of nicest rides we have been to - The views on the 50 were
spectacular and on par with The High Sierra Classic at Bridgeport and there
were a few areas that reminded me of Tevis.  Ride management was over the
top and trails were well marked.  My husband did the limited distance on our
young horse and had a blast!  The footing was perfect and there were
volunteers everywhere!  They had showers with plenty of hot water and great
food. The camping was in a beautiful meadow surrounded by pine trees.  It is
held in a kids horse camp so there are things for kids to do  - which is
great for those with kids and for those of us without kids. I highly
recommend making the trek and they will let us come up on Thursday next year
so we can explore more - All the money is raised for local scholarship funds
and for those who have lost their parents in Iraq - great silent auction -
Hope to see you there!  Pam and Doyle Bailie, Bailie's Six Dog Ranch