[RC] a fungus among us? - Doubledal

My mustang and I recently moved from TX to KY and he's developed what looks like some sort of fungus on his front legs.  There are small crusty spots from just below his ankles to just above his knees, and some more on one of his cheeks.  They appeared right after we got here about six weeks ago, and went away after scrubbing with antifungal shampoo, but now they're back in greater number and scrubbing them doesn't seem to have taken care of it as quickly.  Has anyone seen this, and if so, what did you do to treat it?  Is there some sort of topical medication you can put on?

Thanks in advance for any input!  :)

Karen and Ranger