[RC] CRI's - Mollie Krumlaw-Smith

I used to have a half Arab who's CRI's would always be 4 to 8 beats per minute higher at the second pulse.  In those days it was called the Ridgeway Trot.  Because it was a new *tool* I had quite a few vets want to pull me for this even though the horse was straight A's and the CRI was 40/44 or 40/48.  I finally got to ride under Kerry and he assured me the CRI was to be used as a tool *only* and that though most horses did recover in the 60 seconds, not all did.  The intention was that the CRI was to be used with other observations to establish the condition of the horse.  I almost had to have a permission slip from him for a few years until the vets became more educated on the topic.  In fact as the years and miles added up on this horse I found the only time he did have a *normal* CRI was when he was tired.  Go figure.  This horse got his share of Top 10's and Grand Champions in CTR and accumulated 4,500 miles of competition.

Mollie Krumlaw-Smith
^..^~~~~

--
dangerous content by IntelliBlock MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.