Re: [RC] Bob Marshall Saddles - Karla Watson

Love them!! We have 2 and had no sore backs from our horses. 3 years of endurance with them and no problems. Some people have problems with them just like any other saddle out there. They are VERY comfortable. I have never been sore after the initial adjustment to a treeless saddle. They are wider so your hips have to adjust or some people end up selling it. Horses love it. Again, you will find some horses don't do well with them. They are NOT for every rider and every horse. We have a gaited horse that did not do well with it cause he got some rubbing on top of his spine (Paso Fino=mule backed). She is riding in the Wintec and loves it. They are also a great, lightweight saddle that won't blow your budget. Adjustable gullet is a plus too. Resale on the Wintec and the Bob Marshall is VERY good. You won't lose much, if any if they don't work out and have to sell them. I recommend buying one that is used just in case. There are many bob marshalls for sale that are barely used for a great price. Some people just can't handle the way they feel and/or they make their body sore. Again, its what works for you won't work for someone else. I grew up riding bareback so the Bob Marshall feels like that and thats a big reason I love mine. Good luck. Saddle search is no fun.
---------------Karla Watson/Oregon

I am looking for feedback on bob marshall endurance saddles - pros and cons.  An accident last fall has left me with limited strength in my arms and the light weight of the bob marshall makes them very appealing to me.  But while most of the input I have heard has been good, I have heard enough negatives to make me hesitate.  I have ridden in a demo saddle but as they are quite different from a treed saddle I just wasn't sure if I would still like it after a hard all day ride.  I would appreciate any input anyone can offer on them....or any other light weight saddle, well suited for long hours on the trails that anyone would like to recommend.  Thanks!
Penny