Re: [RC] Nat.Bal. shoes&protocol - Chris Paus

Thanks Ray. I appreciate the feedback. Will talk to my farrier and vet chiro about it.

Before anyone else asks, we have the chiro base covered.  This horse gets regular chiro care from one of the experts in the country. We are so lucky that one of the lead instructors at the AVCA (American Veterinary Chiropractic Assoc) school in Illinois lives 8 miles from us and has a clinic 10 miles from us. He knows this horse well and chiro work does seem to help him, but doesn't cure the stumbling, so I'm thinking I need to start with that and do some more. Maybe ultrasounds and radiographs are inorder on his feet, legs and shoulder.

The chiro almost always finds something in Star's right shoulder and neck.

In fact, the AVCA school is going to be relocated to Kansas where it will be close. Talk about a  great resource! I guess if need be, we can check out the new lameness evaluation clinic at K-State.

chris

Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Please Reply to: Ray O'Donohue rno2m@xxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@enduranone ce.net

Chris: I of course can't say they will fix your Star's problem,but at the risk of over-generalizing,my opinion is that the NB protocol is the way to go for almost any horse. So,it would probably be great for him whether it takes care of the problem or not. If your horse is now shod "normally"(as in nothing like NB),you will feel a big improvement in how freely he moves as soon as the NB trimming and shoeing is done.For my old horse,the sped-up breakover in the rear was a real revelation,and in fact that led to going barefoot in the rear,with thus an even quicker breakover.The problem is finding a farrier who is not a knucklehead,and who either knows about NBS (he should whether he agrees with it or not)or is at least willing to work with you on it. The video is extremly helpful re the reccomended trim. I use the steel,not the steel "lite" or the aluminum.Good luck;your photos are great.