[RC] timex ironman gps - Pvan19

I have exactly the same problem with my Timex Ironman - the watch wouldn't link up to the transmitter and than it died ( after 2.5 years of regular use) - I changed the battery according to instructions - the watch worked again although I lost the beep function of the buttons - rode with it once, fine, now it won't link up to the transmitter anymore even though both work separately...

Am going to drop it off at the Timex dealer who will sent it off to be checked...

bizarre!

Bought a Navman R300 as am riding 90 km race this weekend and can't deal without knowing my speed  - FAR less accurate this one compared to Timex!

Pauline