[RC] 100 miles in 1 day? Swanton Pacific, my first 100 miler: Part 3b of 3b (orig. toolong) - sandy . l . holder

We rode by moonlight, off and on over the hills, through a glowing valley and into the last vet check.  Having dumped all my extra tack at the Saw Mill vet check (thinking with only ten miles to go I wouldn’t need my pommel pack, sponge, scoop, etc.), I realized at the final pulse stop 5 miles from the finish (and before a killer mountain) that I had neither water for me, nor more importantly, electrolytes for my pony.  Sensing my concern, Debbie asked about us and to my surprise, handed over a syringe filled with the same elytes I use mixed with unsweetened applesauce.  Two lessons learned in a short period of time.  One, don’t EVER dump your pommel pack and TWO, my horse really likes his elytes with unsweetened apple sauce.  THANK YOU, THANK YOU Debbie and Remfire for the joy of riding with you and your help on the last leg of our adventure.
As we crossed the same grassy meadow we started off in, the mist by the glowing of a full moon and the whoops and hollers of the two young girls waiting for us to cross the start/finish line gave me goose bumps.  With my big white horse pulling at the reins, we trotted into camp.  Can you imagine my surprise when somebody told me I needed to hop on the scales at sometime past midnight?  My bleary eyes couldn’t even focus much less my mile weary feet stand on the little tiny scale!!!  So Kirsten held my saddle (FreeForm – only 7 lbs. or so but heavier than I could hold at the time) until I balanced on this little bitty thing and with a big gulp, we weighed in.  Of course I promptly notified everyone that I was NOT going to interrupt my long awaited snooze and show up at 7 a.m. for the BC judging!!  That was, of course before I woke up the next morning and shared with Julie Suhr my fabulous adventure – this at exactly 6:38 a.m.  Without pausing for a second, she told Bob to get Barbara and that “WE WILL HELP YOU GET HIM READY”. . . oh man, I dare say, an offer I couldn’t refuse??!!!
Well, win or lose BC, I’ll never be the same.  My first 100 miler on my adorable Tally and Top 10 to boot.  Guess all I have to do now is wash my trailer so I can find a clean spot to put that decal on!!  Hmm, I wonder if I should ask Katie where it should go??!!!!! 'ȳ{gq'ۭ8^wf+myج{^םyr~^'+r!b+u޲ǝjwfk'(֢'~'^ؚ+vfz { ޶h*'v+,zhjبǨ~jHڟ&*'zޖ&q멢{aȧ~jبz(+z{b'^Z^{^ם"'+)bn+^tqyaȧz讙^jǜ{Zrazǧuڝ^^j׫_'(zǰj׫x*(,Ⱡޕb+^vXn)b*Zޮb