From: Carolyn Burgess <carolyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: rno2m@xxxxxxxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 09:51:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [RC] "wings"(poleys)/security/aussie/"proper position"/skill vs equipment

I'll take the 5 years of dressage lessons anytime over
the Poley's.  That balance is essential in keeping
your horse comfortable and sound over the distance,
and keeping you in contact with your horse when the
sh*t hits the fan.

When I learned to ride 40 years ago, I had to learn to
ride.  They didn't have saddles that held your ass in
the saddle,  your ass had to hold you in the saddle.
You learned balance by falling off the horse, or by
not falling off the horse your got your balance.  I
see saddles out there now, with huge, deep seats, so
that you don't have to learn balance in the saddle.
Look at a dressage saddle from 50 years ago, it is a
regular seat, not those deep seat saddle that I keep
expecting to see a seat belt attached to.