[RC] How Far Have We Come? - Tom Sites

The 2005 Tevis Forum on page 18, has an article that was done in 1932 entitled "A Modern Day Endurance Test" , William S. Tevis, Jr. Rides 200 Miles in a Ring in Ten Hours to Win a $5,000 Bet.  This was the article i searched for and could not find when we did the Day of Knights in 1995 and raised $5K for St. Judes Childresn Hospital.  Then we used FEI protocol (weight, gates into holds and soundness examinations by Jeannie Waldron) and used a 1.62 mile course.

To sum this article up, if you haven't read it says...  "Mr. Tevis rode 3 horses, 2 polo ponies and a Bay Mare to 100 miles in 5 hours and 16 minutes and 200 miles in 10 hours, 2 minutes and 33 seconds".

So the question is:  Can a person today riding 3 horses go 200 miles in 10 hours?  That means  each horse is going 66.6 miles in 3.33 hours.

I tried it and came no where close, and wonder if anyone w/ a few polo ponies and a Bay Mare would try it and let me know just "How Far We Have Come."  I'd like to watch if anyone ever tries.

Cheers,
tom sites