From: Chris Paus
Sent: Sunday, September 04, 2005 9:59 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Congressional Horse Caucus--Agenda Siezed by PETA

Ugh.....

I was the lead reporter in a horrendous story here about a pony rescue. 260 hackney ponies on 40 barren acres. 110 of the ponies were stallions. no food, no potable water, it was a concentration camp for ponies. I couldn't sleep for nights after going in with teh people who started the rescue efforts.

Then a "no slaughter" supposed animal rights organization took over the rescue. got a district judge to wrangle away the care of the animals from real veterinarians, K-State vet students, farriers and other people who really knew what they were doing, and put the animals in the care of a Peta ally, HorseAid.

What happened from there was an abomination. Basically, horseaid left Kansas about $30,000 richer, dumped the animals on two HA volunteers, who inturn adopted them out to anyone with a driver's license and  $100. Not surprising, for years afterwards, i was getting calls at the newspaper about the ponies being in worse homes than the one they left, being at auction barns, etc. I saw some of them myself at an auction barn.

I have no time for people like that.

Is anyone aware of PETA' s true agenda? to end ownership of all animals? They'd rather we turn all horses loose to fend for themselves than to give them care and a job.

sigh..... this is worse than awful.

chris

Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Please Reply to: Linda B. Merims dkfritz@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship. Louisa May Alcott

Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com