RE: [RC] Hurricane Fallout - Jim Holland

Look yourself....in all my years on Ridecamp, I have NEVER complained about
someone else's post. When something appears in your reader, you have several

-delete key
-forward key
-save it somewhere
-reply

Most of the time, mine are in the 1st category.  One of the things I like
about Ridecamp is that Steph allows a lot of latitude and digression.  If we
limited this to JUST Endurance, it would be a pretty damn dull list.  For
example, I was not particularly interested in the recent bra discussion and
the "pencil" test, NEITHER of which are Endurance related. Certainly George
Bush...and our Federal government's response to Katrina...is MORE Endurance
related than Oprah. I was not the only poster on this subject. If we limited
it to just Endurance, I would have missed Mike Maul's excellent link to the
National Geographic article. Thanks, Mike.

It's not YOUR call or Linda's...or mine...to police this list. It's
Steph's...and she does a pretty damn good job of it. One of the things I
like about Ridecamp is that Steph allows a lot of latitude and digression,
particularly in times of national stress...such as 9/11 and now during
Katrina. In the time it took you to post your response you could have
deleted a LOT of messages.

This kind of "crap" from you is taking up space that could be used to
discuss something relevant, even if isn't Endurance related.

If you don't like reading a specific post, there is a DELETE key on the
right of your keyboard about halfway down.  USE it.  Works for me.

If you have a complaint, send it to Steph or me privately....not to
Ridecamp.

In closing, I don't want to get into a battle of words with you over this,
obviously I would be fighting with an unarmed man.  So let's just drop it
here, OK? If you have anything else to say, say it privately to me or Steph.
It serves no useful purpose to post it on Ridecamp. FYI, my post to Linda
going to Ridecamp WAS accidental....I intended it to go only to Linda, but
shit happens....sorry about that. (:

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada Magic

Richard T. "Jim" Holland
Three Creeks Farm