From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of RDCARRIE@xxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 2:03 PM
To: rides2far@xxxxxxxx
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] The cost to riders/AERC fee hikes

I guess I'd rather see AERC cut out the trails grants and research grants first and see where that gets us (AERC) in terms of money, rather than raise the non-member fee for rides.  We need new members.  I'd hate to see someone want to try our sport, then have them find out that they have to pay $20 on top of the entry fee (rather than the $10 they have to pay now).  AERC should be issuing grants *only* if the money is available, not making the grants a regular part of business, then basically taxing members and riders to pay for the grants.  JMHO

And perhaps there are other ways to save money...I don't know enough about the everyday workings of AERC to know if there are other cost savings to be had.

Dawn in East Texas