[RC] News from Louisiana - TypeF \(Jackie Floyd\)

Just a minute to tell you one of the people I talked to today was Dr. Mica Landry who is a vet in Donaldsville, Louisiana. We talked for a quite awhile and she apologized for going on so much when "this was an endurance call." Boy, like endurance is important right now.

She said they were approx. 40 miles away from the disaster in a rural area and although they and their homes were safe, they were fearful of armed looters. She is appalled at the people in her state and neither of us could begin to imagine what the mentality level has come to in some people. She called it "a third world" atmosphere. She said they have firearms and they know how to use them, but did not want to degenerate and come down to the level of the looters and for now will tread cautiously. Their clinic is in a rural area with only one real main road through town and are hoping that since they are out the limelight, will fare better. They are not afraid of any locals.

If you get a minute, send Mica a note and let her know that all her endurance family are thinking of them.  cajunvet@xxxxxxx

Jackie