Re: [RC] help name this colt! - Chris Paus

This is so cool. I'm getting so many good ideas! I'm going to pick my favorites and we can do a straw vote on a name. Thanks for the help in pronunciation.

Maryanne Gabbani <msgabbani@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Negm is one of those funny Arabic words that need another vowel but you can slip in an 'i' between the g and the m if you say it quickly.  That's probably why it's used with other things.

Negg me (short e) deen   not Negg mee deen

Negg mall ah

You can add the consonants after the m and it makes the word much easier to say:  Like Negmelil

Negg mell ill   Star of the Night.

Fun huh!

ma

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship. Louisa May Alcott

Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com