[RC] Katrina in Georgia - L gin

We got 9 tornadoes....2 F-2, the rest F-1 and F-0. --Yesterday afternoon while running errands , son called who does some news stuff locally, warned me about looming gas run. Hubby was home, we filled up and our extra cans, I also got my groceries a day or two early. And got extra animal feed .... I have enough hay for a month. There were no gas cans at the Walmart,I checked ...
Govenor told everyone not to panic, but one of the gas piplines is down coming into the state. Told people to conserve gas and stay home for Labor Day weekend.
People were lining up at 2 pm some when I filled up for 2.79$ for regular.. it was 2.49 2 days earlier. My daughter in the ritzy part of the suburbs says it was 4.00 a galleon there--- but she saw cops swarming around the gas station. My son reported a shooting at a station across town (not the usual places in Atlanta where shooting may take place)
My daughter was taking a bunch of horses to a Hunter show in SC--- said it cost 102$ to gas up the 350 dually they have for towing the big trailer. Luckily, the clients pay the costs.... and they can afford too.....
I heard about 6.00 a galleon gas today....Govener said price gouging would not be allowed, set the top price at 3,50...but not sure it's working.
I have to take a friend from church to a Doctors appointment today,so I will get a handle on what the prices are today. I can drive about 285 miles, then my tank is empty....
Daughter says a couple trainers are going down to New Orleans area, because the National guard has some horses down there, and they don't know how to take care of them. They are taking some feed down with them and going in to help sort things out. She told me about a big barn that was flattened and all horses dead-- Some horses on high ground stranded and some eeven on porches of houses been seen..........
And we are in the midst of building a new house on our new property in a rural area about an hour or so NW of here. Wonder how that will be affected-- we have a set price with the builder, who is a regional chain ...it is about 1/2 done...dried in