[RC] ?? Scratches - smuncy

     ?? Question several years ago, there was an article in Endurance News; that listed a "compound" of ingredients to treat "scratches", never thought I would need; have never really had a problem with scratches - I would dry and  coat legs as needed during rides to protect from excessive moisture / irritants - ie, destin or vaseline; and ' no problem'... and never had 'outbreaks'  here on "home range" of bacteria.  But ; ... go figure, dry here, and horse with No white on legs; ... he has an awful appearing 'case'  of  "scratches" on one leg. After a couple days, I realized  it was not just mud / or dirt but "scratches"; ok . shoot me! , I practice "benign" neglect sometimes. This is A pasture horse, (semi - cripple) ; no work, and pasture is 'short', no worry about alot of dew. he hangs out at the barn most all day, clean surroundings. ( Wouldn't you know,  I didn't keep that !  magazine and search of archives - did not reveal info looking for , --  was a mixture of antibiotic, anti-fungal, (ok, got that);
 ...but also had other ingredient,??  want to think a wormer?
       After realizing today - what was going on, scrubbed area and applied "homemade compound" - antibiotic, antifungal,..... but what was the other  ingredient? I did see in search; some recommend cortisone - no  thanks, not with infection; or DMSO - not sure about that either; ??adding  G. violet solution, or  ?? what was other ingredient??. Anyone remember?
      About Oat  Hay, I had some couple years ago, (was alittle stemming), but horses LOVED It........ recommend though,  you have a cat, or two,  at barn, as it sure did draw the mice / rats.  Stephanie M.