[RC] Sheila's Epic boots post - question - Priscilla Worth

Sheila - great! pics of how to use vet wrap/epic boots. I tried my best to get my Arab barefoot - and succeeded on the rears. But during our year and a half experiment, I tried Boa boots on the front as a transitioning tool. He ended up with bruising where the cables came together to be tightened - and not due to over-tightening. I thought about trying the easy or epic boots on him, but decided that the tightening mechanism would still focus too much pressure in one spot. I remember that sensation from ski boots - they tightened all around, but there always seemed to be that extra pressure right at the spot of the mechanical tightening system. Fortunately, my horse's hooves are light colored and the bruises were obvious. I shudder to think of the unseen bruising that must be happening on dark hoofed horses.

Didn't meant to be so long-winded! So, my question: have you or anyone else experienced this bruising problem w/the epics?

priscilla