[RC] Anglo-Arabs - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Dennis Farnham dfarnham09@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello everyone,

I was just perusing the recent archives...since I receive my digests very
sporadically...and noticed that Truman said:

"I think they can compete." after quoting quite a few anglo-arab wins. My wife
has a twelve year old, anglo-arab mare that is three quarters TB and one
quarter pba (pure bred arab). She has raced her two times this year. The first
was a Top of the Rock fifty miler in late may or early June (can't remember),
and the second was the Summer Breeze 50 miler on sunday. She and the mare won
both of these races, and they had the fastest time of both  the saturday and
sunday fifty milers at the Summer Breeze. I would estimate that the mare was
probably one of the biggest and stoutest horses racing at both events. The win
at the Summer Breeze was particularly impressive to me considering that my
thermometer registered 100 degrees F while I was waiting for them to come
across the finish line. Oh, this mare is probably an X factor mare because
happens to be sired by a stakes winning Gallant Man son who happened to be out
of a *Princequillo daughter...just like Secretariat. I would imagine that the X
chromosome that contributed to our mare contained the gene for the large heart
because the mare has had unbeleivable cardio from the beginning of her
training/conditioning...which began seriously three years ago as of this
september. The mare is an all-round athlete...impressive dressage, skillful
jumping both stadium and cross country, excellent short and long speed. If you
think about it, the thoroughbred is simply an anglo-arab that has been
physiologically and biomechanically tested/selected in the cauldron of the
racetrack...the ulitmate test for a prey animal who survived by speed. Yes, I
think anglo-arabs can compete...given that they have a
knowlegeable/skillfulpolite rider who is comfortable with power, ultimate
sensitivity/responsiveness and speed.

Enjoy the ride

Dennis