Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2005 8:00 PM
Subject: RE: [RC] Trucks and tires

-----Original Message-----

Ok I have been reading and am going to have to join in now.

I have a 1996 chevy 2500 on the outside with a 1 ton underneath. I have a 454 motor and 185,000 miles on it and it is still going strong. It was the first year of the vortex motor, (nothing special just a name) and I bought it 6 years ago with 82,000 on it. I have put allot a miles on the truck as you can see, and that did not include commuting until this year. I use my truck as a truck not really a GIRLY truck. I haul a 3 slant Kiefer Built bumper pull and on average buy hay monthly or so. The one thing that is important to do for any motor or transmission is MAINTANCE. Change the oil ,even flush out the oil, and use good oil. This is what lubricates everything on the inside. It is a 4X4 as well. The other advantage is having a person who will do this for you ( like husbands :>) Also just being on top of the maintence of other parts of the vehicle like brakes, front in repair work . Just like the horse trailer you haul around have the towing vehicle gone over yearly is important. What good is a nice trailer maintained if you have nothing to haul it with.

Personally I prefer Chevy but there are allot of nice features on Fords now.

Just my 2 cents on my girly truck. ( It is stock highth)

I do have a license plate frame that says" Silly Cowboys trucks are for cowgirls"

Janett& Siouxnika