Re: [RC] Hurricane Katrina - Truman Prevatt

This hurricne as strong as Camile - the one all other Gulf hurricanes are compared too - but it is bigger. The image I just saw shows the eye about Ft. Meyers FL and the clouds from the outter bands already cover New Orleans. This one is not one to fool with. Get out. I can take a few horses and we'll make do with the people. I'm about as far as Howard time wise. But leave before it is too late. As Howard points out you will need a health certificate and current coggins to get into FL.

Truman

Please Reply to: Howard Bramhall howard9732@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Category 5!!!! It doesn't get any worse. My heart goes out to anyone near the point of impact, especially horse owners. If there is anyone out there who needs a place to go with their horses, I offer my place in Florida. I know, Florida doesn't seem like the right place to run during hurricane season, but, with this one, I know we're in a safe place (for now).

I have 3 stalls available and a place to park your rig. You can stay inside my house; the AC is still working.

I live in Ormond Beach, ten miles north of Daytona, exit 268 off I-95. My phone number is 386-679-2495. It will take about 11 hours from New Orleans, probably longer with the traffic, to get to my house.

I know it's not much, but, it's there for anyone who really feels desperate enough and has no other place to run. You will need a health certificate to make it thru Florida's pain in the butt Agricultural station. For that, I do apologize.

God Bless those in the line of fire. Please, don't sit this one out at home. Take it from one who knows; it's not worth the risk. Run, while you still can.

cya,
Howard

--

"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. The opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." Niels Bohr -- Nobel Laureate, Physics