Re: [RC] RC:Fat Stores - Tivers

In a message dated 8/23/2005 4:56:18 PM Pacific Daylight Time, drnikisahak@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Thanks Tom.So in your book it belong to the waste paper basket.Actually
Tom,CHO loading is not a new concept,it has it's root from biblical
times,Thanks to scientists like you  we have rediscovered it.Now it make
more sense.Thank you Tom.

I was supposed to have a chapter in the Bible, but it was edited out at the last minute. Meanwhile, I'm not a scientist, just a coach trying to build winners.

Before Bannister broke the 4:00 mile barrier, the scientists were predicting that the human heart would explode in those circumstances. Almost immediately after, another dozen athletes broke the same barrier. In the end, it's the athlete and the coach who have to sort through all the bullshit and come up with a solution that wins. Science is useful, experience is useful, and the warriors out there on the front lines, if they'll talk to you, are the most useful of all.

In athletics, the only genuine "credentials" are those of the winners. Recent winners.

ti