[RC] CTRs a thumbs down....I think - Jonni

Indeed, some NATRC riders (and officials I'm sure)  have watched the results
from Tevis over the years, and found that those who have competed in CTR's,
have a higher percentage of finishers, than the non CTR riders. I think one
reason is that we learn pacing really well among other things.

It is funny how some don't like the "nit-picking". Yet, you don't HAVE to
read your cards, or care about that stuff if you do not want to. The
information is given from the vets / judges, and you can use what part of it
you do, or do not want to apply. It is still a great way to spend a weekend,
usually with two days of riding (which to me, is a bonus).  I do prefer the
vet checks than an endurance ride, as they will usually point out the very
small things, that endurance vets won't, such as slight heat in a leg, or a
slight filling. Something that could indicate a problem starting, that I as
I ride, might not have noticed. Endurance vets for the most part, just check
if they are sound, or not, but don't look for the small issues, as they have
no reason to. They don't pick up every leg, flex, push and prod, to see if
there is something to note. Shoot, try to get THAT kind of exam from your
regular vet at home for the same price as an entry fee! LOL

After having horses for over 42 years, I do agree with the quote "It is what
you learn after you know it all, that counts".

I learn something at every ride......

Jonni