Re: [RC] catching up re beet pulp, pt. 2 - Chris Paus

Cool. thanks for that good info, ed! I'm confused though. According to Sueg's website, beet pulp is a pretty good source of calcium. so the oxalate in beet pulp negates its own calcium content???? Can you overcome that by adding more calcium as a supplement?

chris

Sisu West Ranch <ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The comments on the removal of nutrients by the oxalate in beet pulp sent me to my book shelf.  I looked up the solubility products of oxalates.  For non-scientests in the group I should define scientific notation and solubility product.  Please bear with me.

In scientific notation 10^-2 = 0.01  the "^" is a way to indicate exponents when good typesetting is not around.  the larger the negative exponent the smaller the number.  10^-9 is 0.000000001 or one in a billion.

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship. Louisa May Alcott

Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com