[RC] foal heat behavior - Susith

I'm just wondering if anyone on this list has had experience with the following: my mare just gave birth to her first foal and when she went into foal heat, she lost interest in food and water. She began to pull the water bucket off its hanger in her stall, and try to get out of the stall (she was stalled because the foal's legs were a little knock kneed).

As a result she lost quite a bit of weight and I'm concerned about putting the weight back on her. She's currently eating a mare plus type feed and good quality grass hay.

To keep this endurance related, she has 500 endurance miles on her. ;-)

Thanks,
Susan