[RC] Fw: [AussieEndurance] Pierre Cazes with missing text this time - Tom Sites

Another Post said he died from a crushed thorax, which means a kick to the throat, if i'm not mistaken.  Its sad.  I've witnessed a death of this nature and it still haunts me.  My Best to his Family and the entire French Team. ts

Yahoo! Groups

Hi All

the death has been confirmed today of Pierre Cazes, the result of an
accident involving the loading of horses, as I understand.

the AES extend our deepest sympathy to the French Federation, Endurance
internationally and especially his family.

Thanks to Chris Gates for this information

Barb Timms

Pierre Cazes - the Heart of French Endurance
Born: 1950, married, 2 children.
A veterinarian, Pierre Cazes has been in charge of the Selection process for
the French National Endurance team since 1991. He was named National trainer
in 1994 and continues in that position to this day.
Under his leadership, French riders have accumulated 26 medals for European
and World Championships, 9 of which were Gold medals. These medals include:

1992, Barcelona, Team Gold, Silver Individual
1994, The Hague, Team Gold / Silver & Bronze Individual, 5 horses in the
first 6 places

1997 Rome, Championship of Europe ? 5 top placces and Team Gold

2000 Compiegne, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Individual

2002 Jerez, Team Gold, Bronze Individual

In a training course in 1998, these were some of his points of
recommendation, in translation, of course, for choosing the endurance horse.
For the endurance horse, one is not necessarily looking for the traditional
gates as in more structured disciplines. You do not need a trot with action
or a rounded and collected gallop, which use too much energy. The good paces
of endurance are horizontal, relaxed and slow. We can see these paces
develop the more the horse is worked. However, if it is the horses? natural
inclination to be collected in it?s gates, it will be difficult to dissuade
the horse from his natural inclination. As far as cardiac, a powerful horse
has a good recovery. Certain horses have this naturally but it is primarily
a question of work and one cannot give measurable criterion on a horse that
is not in condition. There will be some indices of the cardiac quality of
recovery only after the first months of work. The heart rate at rest is not
a good index. As far as the mental aspect of the horse, champions are
relaxed and educated and work well with their riders, but they may not be
horses that may be ridden by everyone. They all have a great force of
character and each one has its characteristic of behavior, its small touch
of madness.

Much can be found out by observing the arrivals from a race. No horse is
perfect, and even the best have their weak points. The significant thing is
to know your horse and to be able to manage the weak points as well as
possible. When one buys a horse for endurance, the surest solution is
obviously to look at its record in endurance. It should be known that the
best horses were bought by chance before they were ever run for reasons as
simple as color or looks, or because nobody wanted it, or the stockbreeder
sold it in a batch. Finally let us not forget the genetic references:
certain lines prove to be stable in their quality for the endurance." A la
prochaine fois, Pamela

Elaine Williams
sunpub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS