Re: [RC] camper fire - Marv

At 02:00 PM 8/12/2005 -0700, Andrea Faustina wrote:
I have posted this story to rv.net, another group I am on, in reply to a thread about whether you can get your truck camper off in the event of a fire.  I am posting it here on ridecamp and equine-l as well because I know many of us tow our horses.  Some of us with a LQ trailer and some like myself with a bumperpull and a camper.  I hope it will help anyone out there.  It is very long if you aren't interested please delete.

You were indeed incredibly lucky.  Those things can go from flare up
to car-b-q VERY quickly.

Anytime you HAVE to get your camper off your truck quickly just
un-hook it, floor your truck back up the road for about five truck
lengths then jam on the brakes.

Glad things weren't worse.

Marv "I got the idea from watching a DOT truck unload a crew." Walker
Horse Info: http://MarvWalker.com