Re: [RC] Newbie - and a question - Sisu West Ranch

Ride what you have.  There are many successful QH on the trail.   My first two endurance/CTR horses were a QH and a paint.  Expect to have to do more 6 mph miles in training, their bodies are more set up for sprinting.  Expect to have to pour more water on them to cool them on hot days.  Expect to find that if the ride is on a really cold snowy day, you will finish much higher than you usually do.  Expect to find that the hillier the ride the higher you finish.

If later you replace the QH you will probably want to look at Arabs and part Arabs.  That is years away.  Enjoy our sport.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875