From: "June Scheunemann & Mike Bernsdorf" <equineent@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <tetstrnr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: stallion
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 19:52:29 -0500

 I ride a stallion on 50 and 100's...I am consistent with rules with him.
Not that he is a bad boy but, let's face it ....he's a boy.  So one thing is
to not let him even think of dropping his equipment ...if he starts to talk
get his attention.  I figure if he isn't listening to me ...I don't have his
attention and that's when trouble could happen.  My guy has been to enough
rides that he knows what he is there for and if very well mannered.  I still
keep my eye on him and never let my guard down.  The other thing is that it
might take him longer to recover.  Stallions tend to run alittle hotter and
their metabolism runs high too.....instead of getting frustrated I just know
it will take up 10 min for him to recover at a ride no matter
what...sometimes it's shorter but, on the average for my boy it's about 6-8
min recovery consistently.  That's just the way it is.  Tyler has been
awesome for me.....always a gentleman, and never a quitter.  I know most
were surprised to see him do as well as stallions are known not to have the
drive to go on by themselves and they are also known to be big babies...if
they get tired they quit...Tyler doesn't...I do know that sometimes the
stallion has to learn he can get tired alittle but, still go on...once they
learn that ...they will get stronger.  Good luck...and remember to have fun.

June

Equine Enterprises
June Scheunemann
Mike Bernsdorf