Re: [RC] Question for Bruce W. - Chris Paus

Not bruce w or even a health professional, but I do have problems with my SI joint and live with herniated lumbar disks.  Steroid shots and acupunture can help. I've had both, in combination with chiropractic and exercises. You might also check your saddle. I've ridden in some saddles that just put me in a position that is awful for my back, and other saddles that keep me riding comfortably. You might check out stirrup position etc. And have someone take pictures, or better yet, videotape you riding. You might see something you are doing that aggravates your back.

chris

mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Sorry to bug you but as a rider I figure you would understand.  I have been having a problem with my upper SI joint according to my chiropractor.  My problem is that riding aggravates it.  After 4 years, I went to a new chiropractor and I finally found out that it was not my sciatica.  Do you think a steroid shot or acupuncture would help it?  He has adjusted me and gave me exercises.  t started feeling better when Jack was laid up and I was unable to ride for a couple months, but it got bad again when I got my new horse (both are TWH) and started riding again.  It is so aggravating. Thanks - Mary

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship. Louisa May Alcott

Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com