Re: [RC] OT-spray bottle problem - MtnRondi

I have a horse that is not afraid of spray bottles but will dance around a lot when I spray him with fly spray. He will stand still when I spray him with anything else, like a coat & skin conditioner.He has skin allergies and I assume the fly spray may cause discomfort of some kind where the other sprays don't sting.

Also, I start all my horses out by spraying a soft brush with fly spray and then brushing it on the horse. They associate the spray bottle with a nice brushing. I always spray the brush with spray and then wipe/brush the face and legs and then just spray the body using the bottle. Then I usually use the soft brush again after I spray the body.

With my foal, I started spraying her when she was just a few days old. She enjoys it because she knows that a relaxing brushing will follow.