Re: [RC] catching up regarding beet pulp, pt 1 - Tivers

In a message dated 8/10/2005 2:17:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time, suendavid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Yes, I agree on both points.  There’s no such thing as just flinging together an intelligent ration.  Consider all aspects, good and bad, before you add *anything*.

Also agree on too much of a good thing.  I do have horses in the practice without a tooth in their head that get virtually nothing (forage-wise) except soaked beet pulp and do well.  Certainly better than the alternative.  But they’re also very carefully supplemented to make sure the nutrient balance is adequate.

Good enough. No argument there.

ti