[RC] Readiness For An LD - Vchorsegal

Hi Jennifer-
  I think it's the pace, more than the distance, that is a large factor.  If the trail is not horribly difficult, the weather is reasonable, there is water at several spots along the way, and can you take 6 or 7 hours to do it ?  Also- I would recommend hiking parts on foot to give your horse a break, and stretch yourself out.  I believe in showing a horse the distance fairly early, but in a gentle way.  I think they learn to take good care of themselves.  Have a great ride !  - Heidi Helly & Andreti ( who saw the distance early ! )