[RC] Another Lost/Stolen? Horse - apleg8'n

Sadly I announce yet another lost/stolen horse that disappeared in the rugged and dense forest of Northern California in the Sierra Nevada mountains at approximately 6500ft elevation. This is an upcoming endurance horse and a Gaited gelding. Double Registered Rocky Mountain and Kentucky Mountain Saddle Horse. I was first contacted by Bonnie Jackson the editor of Trail Blazer Magazine to lend any help to the bereaved owner. Then I got an email from Susan Swenson the owner pleading for help. I have been in contact with Susan lending what ever help and more support than anything. She has done all the correct things so far and did not know of our guardian Angel, Debi Metcalfe of Stolen Horse International and has now contacted Debi to have an all points bulletin put out Nationwide for Eddy.

You can read the stats on Eddy below from Susan's flyer.

I want to just add some things here to those of you that have not lost a horse to better help you understand the pain and agony that one goes through when tragedy like this happens and to ask you to also pass this on to all of your lists in hopes of finding Eddy and also perhaps Rockey that also is still missing in the rugged forest.

Folks, when we are riding out with our equine partners and we chose to let them graze in a nice lush meadow loose, we do so with every good intention for the benefit of the horse. Perhaps we have done this many times before without any incidence. We get lax and trust our partners to never think of wandering away from us. After all we are leaving them loose sans bit to enjoy the beautiful green grass and to rest and eat while we also eat and rest ourselves. Never once does the thought occur that this loving animal would ever leave our side. Do you think for a nanosecond we would do such a thing if we had any inkling that we might never see our beloved equine baby again? Of course not!

When this happens do you not think that the guilt those of us that have done such a thing is not eating us up like a wild fire fueled with gasoline? You have absolutely no idea. The what ifs, the why did I, The only if I , will haunt us for the rest of our lives. Trust me. To have people say to us...Well why in the heck did you do such a stupid thing? Weren't you thinking? Geez you should have known. I would never let MY horse loose like that. Well no shit. Pardon me but that is damn straight.....after the fact. How many people have never once let their horse loose for even five minutes. Those of us that have this tragedy are not alone. The rest are just dang lucky.

Then the catty snide remarks behind our backs....Well she doesn't deserve a horse if that is how she cares for it. Oh let me tell you I am still hearing that one four years after the loss of my beloved Gigi. Or how about this one...Well you know a cougar ate it, or it fell and got killed, or bears ate it. I happen to be somewhat of an expert on cougars and I can argue that til the lost horses come home.

Or this one always makes me jump for glee....oh that mare is on its way to the slaughter house in Texas by now. Gee thanks for such encourgement! All we have is hope folks. HOPE. It was four years in July that I lost my Gigi. I have NEVER given up hope and I will go to my grave still hoping that I will find her. HOPE is all I have don't you dare take that away from me with your bogus negative thinking. If you don't know what happened then keep your monday morning quarterbacking to yourself.

Instead put that energy into helping us find our horse! Give us support. That is what we need. Love and support. We can beat ourselves up very nicely thank you very much and trust me again....we do and we will as long as our partner is gone. The guilt swallows us up like you cannot believe. We don't need you to take us down. Guilt is a one man/woman show in these cases. Nobody does it better than ourselves, the rest of you are mere amateurs!

Again I have to plead with you....get your horse branded!! I cannot emphasize how important this is as this year alone I have gotten way too many reports from Debi Metcalfe of Stolen Horse International about Stolen horses. 40,000 and growing reported stolen horses in this country annually. Brand them on their butt for all to see. Even if your horse is lost, a brand will identify them for anyone that might find them. How I wish I had my Gigi branded. You better believe all my horses wear my brand now!

If anyone is riding up in the area that Eddy has disappeared please call any of the numbers posted below or the Kern County Sheriff or BLM. Or Debi Metcalfe of Stolen Horse International. And please people, have some compassion for those of us so unfortunate that thought we were being kind to our precious horses, we thought we were doing them a favor. And learn from our mistakes. I absolutely am saddened beyond belief to get these reports as I know all too well what both Rockey and Eddy and all the owners of these lost or stolen horses are going through. Please pass this on to all your lists.

Thanks!
amber and Gigi...one heart, one spirit forever...

The flyers ARE everywhere with REWARDS, etc in color. I have canvassed all town that lead down from the Range, a 360 degree sweep, and have local contact points in all the cities: Kernville, Welden, Walker Basin, Caliente, Jawbone, Mojave, Ridgecrest, Bakersfield, etc..

$2,500.00 REWARD FINDING EDDY . . .
For the safe & sound return of Eddy & his tack
Eddy's value is as a Loved Family Member not as a horse.
LOST IN THE PIUTES Southern Tip of the Sierra Nevada Mountains
On Friday, July 15 (still missing as of Thursday, July 28)
Solid brown horse, brown mane & tail.
White socks (short) on both hinds are only markings. Some gold-ish highlights/dappling.
Gentle Gelding (male), 15/2 hands, gaited, 6 year old
Last seen wearing black saddle (possibly off now) with green breast collar and green blanket. Reward for tack also. No headstall. Shod-long oval toe with cleats for roads on the open ends.
Claraville Topo, Section 28, GPS Coordinates: N35.28.616 W118.19.431 (near plane wreck),
N/W of Landers Meadow & S/E of Weldon Meadow - Center of proposed Trail 9
Local Contacts:

Weldon - Deanna Steinhoff (760) 378-3035 & Juan Martinez, Rescue coordinator (760) 378-2089

Havilah - Tami Barkley @ (661) 867-0401; Caliente - Allena Hansen @ (661) 867-1001
24/7 Contact Owner: Susan Swenson @ (310) 589-5484

Lost July 15 in the Piute Mountains (Eddy's tack may help us locate him!)
Claraville Topo, Section 28, GPS Coordinates: N35.28.616 W118.19.431 (near plane wreck),
N/W of Landers Meadow & S/E of Weldon Meadow - Center of proposed Trail 9

Orthoflex saddle with flexible shoulder panels.
Black Sheepskin Cover.  Teal-green white fleece lined on panels.
First aid (red), emergency supplies, extra water (neon pink),
saddle bags (black) attached at time of loss. (not pictured)
English girth straps.  24" Neoprene Girth.
Black Beta breast collar with green inlay & stainless scissors attachments.
Heart monitor attached to breast collar and girth.